Conference "Religious Pluralisation in Europe"
The first conference of the Plureligion Network was held at Ruhr-Universität Bochum from 8 to 10 October 2009. More than 20 researchers from Europe and North America were invited to present their previous activities and research topics and to develop joint perspectives for future research projects.
The lectures and topics at the conference were as follows:
- Dr. Marianne Qvortrup Fibiger (University of Aarhus) "Social and economic driving forces - Governance of Religious Diversity",
- Prof. Dr. John Madeley (London School of Economics) "Legal and political conditions to Religious Pluralisation",
- Prof. Dr. Detlef Pollack (University of Münster) "The Religious Situation in Europe",
- Dr. Friederike Böllmann (University of Marburg) "Religious corporative actors as agents of Religious Pluralisation",
- Jun. Prof. Alexander K. Nagel (Ruhr-Universität Bochum) "The social structure of Religious Diversity",
- Elina Elorante (Conference of European Churches, Brussels) & Malika Hamidi (European Muslim Network, Brussels) "Policy making and religious stakeholders in the EU-context: The Organisation of religious interests under the conditions of European integration: religious corporative actors as agents of religious pluralism",
- Dr. Markus Hero (Ruhr-Universität Bochum) with Dr. Kimmo Ketola (Church Research Tampere) and Prof. Dr. Volkhard Krech (Ruhr-Universität Bochum) and Jun.Prof. Dr. Alexander K. Nagel (Ruhr-Universität Bochum) and Dr. Marjan Smrke (University of Ljubljana) "Results from country case-studies Finland, Germany and Slovenia",
- Prof. Dr. Peter Beyer (University of Ottawa) "Exogenous consequences: Diaspora and Social Cohesion",
- Prof. Dr. Anne Sophie Lamine (Université de Strasbourg) "Endogenous consequences: Reconfigurations of the Religious Field",
- Prof. Dr. Eva Hamberg (University of Lund) "Endogenous consequences: Vitalisation vs. Indifference".